Tuesday, 16 August 2016

Join me on Twitter this Thursday

On Thursday (August 18) I’ll be live on Twitter between 7pm and 8pm tweeting about the work we are doing around boosting our local economy, where we are with our devolution ambitions and why I believe it’s so important we keep our fire service under the control of the council.

I hope you can join me and ask me questions, which I’ll do my very best to answer there and then.

And of course you can send in your questions beforehand if you want to as well.

All you have to do to join in is either tweet me direct @goldsmithlouise or @wsccnews and use the #LouiseLive.

Although it may be August and there are no formal meetings during this month, we remain very busy at County Hall and all our offices across West Sussex delivering our services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. And we are also in the middle of some very important campaigns.

Our Safer In Our Hands fire service campaign launched on July 22 and is going really well. I have been so heartened by the terrific support – thanks to all those who have responded so far. For those not up to speed with Safer in Our Hands, it’s our campaign as a county council to do all we can to keep West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service, which we currently manage, under the control of the local authority. We launched it after learning that the Sussex Police and Crime Commissioner was intending to look at the feasibility of taking it over. You can find out more about it here and sign the petition here.

Another campaign that has been running for some time is What Matters to You? We have been highlighting much of the work that the County Council does over the last few months to make residents aware of the sheer scale of services that we deliver across West Sussex.

Why are we doing this? Well, as you know, money is really tight for us at WSCC and it is going to become tighter –and in the autumn we will start preparing for next year’s budget – so it is really important to me to hear your views and that is what our What Matters to You? campaign is all about.

We haven’t done many of these live question and answer sessions over Twitter before so it’s all a bit new. However, I’m very much looking forward to Thursday and hope lots of people engage with the idea and send in lots of questions.

Best wishes,
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment